At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
As a Supervisor/Assistant Manager - Direct Tax at EY Ford Rhodes, you will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for direct taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping clients meet compliance obligations and business goals around the world.
The incumbent will handle engagements related to Direct Tax Laws, includes Compliance, Assessments, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and consulting pertaining to Direct Tax Laws.
- Your main objective is to help the Tax team deliver quality products using general tax knowledge gained from training or education and assistance from more experienced tax professionals.
- Assist in preparing the income-tax return for FII clients
- Assist the seniors in replying to queries raised by Foreign Institutional Investors (FII clients) on issues such as capital gains computation, trades reconciliation, tax payments, return of income, etc.
- Checking capital gains tax computations for trades in securities undertaken by FII clients
- Undertaking technical research on the income-tax provisions impacting the taxation of FII clients
- Preparing submissions in relation to assessment and appellate proceedings in the case of FII clients and support the seniors in appearing before the income-tax authorities
- Support in handling administrative responsibilities for the FII clients allocated to you such as engagement letters, internal QRM, filing of client papers, billing follow-up, etc.
- Preparation of tax proposals and engagements for prospective clients.
- Manage and coordinate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service
- Team with tax professionals in other sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services
- Oversee the compliance management process and adapt to challenges in the process
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture
- Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities;
- Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work;
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services;
- Sensitive towards EY code of conduct, values and quality standards.
- ACCA or ICMA finalist/LLB/MBA Finance with 0 to 6 months of relevant experience;
- Since you are client oriented, it is necessary to have excellent communication skills: you are not afraid to call things into question and are able to give presentations confidently;
- You are a team player;
- You have an interest in looking for innovative solutions.
- Good command over MS Excel –can use formulas and comfortable with computations.
What We Offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.