Corporate Actions Processor, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dedicated team servicing a key strategic customer. As a member of the Corporate Actions function based in Edinburgh the role involves the delivery of custody, middle office and fund accounting services in line with the established service level agreements.
Working as part of the Global Corporate Actions team, the role will involve direct interaction with the client and colleagues across multiple time zones, as such the successful candidate will have prior experience of establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with other teams, with clients and external parties.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of global corporate actions event life cycle is also required with particular experience of the reflection of the event terms and entitlement, across record keeping and accounting systems.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD ’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Corporate Actions Senior Associate, you will:
- Operate providing support and control over complex and time critical corporate action events (Mandatory & Voluntary). Timely and accurate processing of all corporate actions event types in accordance with client requirements and operational procedures
- Prioritize your workload and ensure daily tasks are completed
- Communicate with custodians (both in-house custody and external custodians) ensuring service levels are being met and maintained
- Ensure effective risk management by assisting with end of day management reporting and ensuring timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues
- Work towards becoming a subject matter expert support on projects and initiatives aimed at improving the corporate action product. Conduct any required testing, analyze the results and introduce any enhancement to the production environment whilst updating procedures
- As assigned process and/or resolve complex issues such as but not limited to instruction discrepancies, cash and stock reconciliation and exception resolution
- Assist and co-ordinate procedural changes to the current process
- Deliver effective client service
- Cross team collaboration; coaching, development of new team members
- Ensure client and internal operational team enquiries are resolved and escalated as needed, review aged inquiries to ensure appropriate and timely resolution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate understanding of State Street’s Risk Excellence principles and support the Risk Sensing function by identifying and documenting areas of potential risk, advocate solutions
- Complete Mandatory Training within specific deadline dates
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven communication skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer focused approach
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Appreciate diversity, collaborating and working with cross cultural teams
- Idea generator
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience of Corporate Actions processing in a custody and/or middle office environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.