MY - Tax Assistant Manager / Manager (Global Employer Services)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
As a Manager/Assistant Manager of GES Advisory team, you will work within an engagement team and draw on experience and knowledge in cross border mobility issues include tax, immigration and social security requirement to provide employment related consulting services to multinational clients on the employment tax planning, rewards design, development of tax policy, Human Resources process review and etc of their international operations.
- Research and prepare materials for advisory projects related to employment tax planning. Keeping abreast with the latest employment related regulatory development is a must
- Assist clients with their implementation of specific mobility structures and processes.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of global mobility. This would involve working collaboratively with other lines of services and other foreign offices where relevant.
- Manage multiple projects and assignments and ensure that services provided are within the agreed service level and scope whilst service delivery is in accordance to Deloitte quality standards
- Assisting in conducting mobility lab to assess the current state of talent/ mobility policies and engage in planning of the future
- Where required, assist in managing the related compliance obligations of the employer and employees
- Work direct with director/partner on business development opportunities
- Provide leadership, coaching and career guidance which aim to develop and motivate the engagement team
- Assist with financial performance management of the team by monitoring billing and collections status
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or business related field. Candidates with recognised professional certification such as ACCA will also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in handling individual and personal income tax preferably gained from a big 4 accounting firm or other related organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Must be a team player and versatile to work with people of diverse background and experience
- Mature in handling clients issues and possess good interpersonal skill
- Able to work under tight deadlines
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.