UKI - FAAS - Assistant Manager/Manager
UKI- FAAS - Manager
Manager and Assistant Manager roles -EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Team
We have exciting Manager and Assistant Manager roles available in EY’s market-leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team, working with some of the largest multinational and Irish companies in a role that also affords you the opportunity to work extensively with all of EY’s sub-services lines, including advisory, assurance and tax.
What is FAAS?
FAAS are the trusted business advisors to our client’s finance and reporting organisations, providing practical support and end-to-end business solutions in the areas of financial reporting, accounting and business transactions and financial control. FAAS is a client-facing service offering, focused on generating value-add relationships with our clients and supporting them with the continuous development of their finance functions. With an effective and efficient finance function now critical to successful business performance, our FAAS services help clients address the various challenges in their business. Our core service offerings include:
- Transaction accounting, IPO and Capital Markets Services
- Accounting and Reporting Services
- Systems, Processes and Analytics Services
- Climate Change and Sustainability Services
- Treasury and Finance Support Services
Our FAAS professionals combine technical knowledge with business and industry insights, assisting our clients to make informed strategic decisions, thus helping them gain a competitive advantage through better decision-making.
This role is predominantly transaction based and which includes significant opportunities for developing profitable long-term relationships with senior client personnel. This role is based in Dublin or Cork, but you will be part of a 25+ person team across Ireland and a 200+ person team across UK&I. There are also opportunities to work on secondments and/or short-term projects overseas, supporting global EY teams.As a member of the EY FAAS team you will benefit from:
- Continual development and expansion of your knowledge and skills;
- Exposure to delivering solutions to clients undergoing diverse change; and
- A dynamic environment focused on building the best teams across EY’s service lines.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team together to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering expert technical accounting and business solution advice to clients on a variety of issues including:
- Accounting change and technical accounting support under IFRS and local GAAPs;
- Deal structuring, acquisition support and transaction assistance;
- Group reorganisations; and
- Improvements to financial reporting systems, processes, risk governance and controls.
- Preparation of high-quality client deliverables including (but not limited to) project reports and analyses, technical accounting analysis papers, special purpose financial information, accounting policies documentation;
- Presenting results to senior team members and senior client leadership in a clear and concise manner;
- People management, including:
- Leading teams and engagements in the delivery of technical accounting advisory projects;
- Managing and coaching team members; and
- Contributing to the delivery of highest performing teams.
- Business development:
- Gaining exposure to senior finance personnel who request FAAS support and assistance, building and maintaining strong relationships and developing meaningful C-suite networks;
- Developing new business opportunities and working with broader EY teams and service lines to convert such opportunities into projects; and
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally, articulating all FAAS services and the value that we bring to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for innovation and creating better ways of working with our clients and have a very strong attention to detail to join our growing team.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Accountancy qualified (ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA or Equivalent).
- A minimum of 1-3 years post qualified experience.
- Good understanding of IFRS & FRS 102.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proven ability to work on complex accounting issues and transactions and an ability to clearly articulate the advice in written technical accounting papers.
- Proven experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on engagements.
- Experience of IFRS conversions, IFRS 15 or IFRS 16 adoption
- Experience in finance operations, reporting, processes, and controls.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.