Business Risk Management Supervisor, Hybrid, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Business risk management acts as a valued partner to the business in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk, and cultivation of a framework of practices which enable a balance of commercial considerations with the risk excellence objectives established by business leadership.
The primary responsibility of the team is to strengthen the internal control environment within the FLOD by establishing a framework. Business Risk Manager will focus on risk mitigation within the first line of defence through process and controls reviews, controls monitoring and design of effective controls.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery and Investor services. The department gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Support the execution of global programs in Poland E.g. Incident management, issues management, Data Privacy, Data governance and other Control Programs across SSBI GmbH Poland Branch.
- Establish strong relationships with key functional teams operating in Poland, including Business risk management teams, FLOD business lines, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, and Corporate Audit.
- Monitor remediation steps and corrective action plans from control review findings to implementation.
- Provide strong management reporting. Monitor, actively manage and reports risk and compliance issues. Timely escalate any risk matters to SSBI GmbH Poland Branch senior management and to the SSBI GmbH Poland branch Head of FLOD Business Risk management.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to challenge and influence.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to establish key relationships
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes, risks and controls
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Power point skills with focus on presentation skills
- Experience in management reporting, collecting and managing high-level data will be an advantage
- Experience in project leading/participation will be an advantage
- Experience in Control, Compliance, Audit or Risk Management with focus on one of the following areas: controls design and effectiveness evaluation; operations; risk management, regulatory compliance, and project management with regards to middle to back office operational risk mitigation
- Previous experience in reviewing policies and procedures and driving initiatives aiming at improving operational breaches and issues;
- Knowledge about tools: ICAMS and Archer Issue management will be considered an asset
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.