General Accounting Senior Associate
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Controls team is tasked with maximizing return on financial assets by establishing, implementing and auditing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
The team reports directly into the ME Finance Director and thus has oversight over all finance functions. The team play an important role in working with country Finance and shared service centre leaders in driving operational improvements, and supporting resolution and investigation into day to day issues arising in the finance practice. Acts as an SME on complex accounting treatments, and reviews completeness of transaction information entered into all ledgers / journals.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Supports financial decisions by monitoring policies and procedures.
- Supports asset protection by monitoring internal controls.
- Monitor and confirms financial condition by conducting internal finance team health checks; supporting wider audit activities by both internal / external auditors,
- Challenging procedures and processes as appropriate to ensure appropriate financial discipline and control.
- Assisting in driving month end processes.
- Supports internal customers (other area of finance) on implementing correct accounting treatment for all transactions.
- Provides support in troubleshooting complex finance issues, and supporting resolution and issue analysis as appropriate.
- Works with LoS and IFS leaders to ensure reporting is aligned with business strategy, is accurate, and useful.
- Works with finance teams to ensure correct and accurate reporting.
- Supports in the development of all finance policies, procedures, processes and controls.
- Engages with Finance Team Leads to roll out and implement policies, procedures etc.
- Supports with health checks on the business as requested by the Finance Director / CFO.
- Conducts studies on internal risk levels and provides analysis to Team Lead.
- Supports all period end closing activities and reporting as appropriate.
Learning & Growth
- Meets with relevant business stakeholders and LoS Finance Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationship.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the finance team.
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s Degree or master’s in business administration.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 8+ years of experience in a Finance function of which at least 4 years should be in a management role
- Demonstrated experience with financial accounting /management accounting.
- Experience in enforcing Financial policies in large organizations across a region.
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail.
- Good calculation and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities.
- Understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices.
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization.
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload.
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed.
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships.
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Risk averse/risk management skills.
- Ethical conduct.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.