Assistant Manager / Manager Transaction Tax Team
Our Transaction Tax team are currently hiring! We are currently looking to recruit a Manager and an Assistant Manager to join our Transaction Tax team within the Dublin office working across a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
EY’s transaction team provides market leading, relevant and highly-targeted solutions to clients in respect of all tax aspects associated with mergers & acquisitions.
We work with large corporates and private equity investors, delivering value through our transactional expertise and our dedication to finding the solution that best fits our clients’ needs. You will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the commercial operations of companies in a wide range of business sectors and the tax treatment associated with the operations across all tax heads.
Your key responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assistance with tax due diligence work streams for clients across all tax heads,
- Assisting clients with both pre and post-acquisition structuring,
- Working closely with our colleagues in broader Mergers and Acquisitions roles to deliver a comprehensive service offering and value to our clients,
- Liaising with clients and their legal advisors to achieve the desired commercial outcome in a tax efficient manner while also managing tax risk through the contractual process,
- Review of financial models from an Irish tax perspective to assist our clients in evaluating the commercial opportunities available from a proposed investment,
- Assisting in the provision of tax advice to clients on a range of advisory projects.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong teaming skills;
- Project management skills, an ability to work within deadlines and under pressure during busy periods; and
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team while managing multiple client relationships.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 3 years' plus experience in practice;
- Qualified CTA and/or ACCA, ACA or Solicitor;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to understand complicated tax matters.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong technical skills across all tax heads;
- Experience working with transactions would be beneficial but not required.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.