Valuations - Manchester
Valuations, Manchester – Generic JD
Our northern office in Manchester, UK, offers exceptional career opportunities across Valuation, Modelling and Economics (VME), as well as a large degree of flexibility in the level of experience that is required for each.
Whichever discipline your expertise, whether in Valuations, Modelling, or Economics, we are investing in significantly growing our team in Manchester, to meet the demand for our services and we are looking for candidates who are excited about developing these skills and eager to progress their careers.
EY’s VME team nationally is a fully integrated group of over 150 professionals, which sits within our Strategy and Transactions service line. Our team provides a broad range of valuation and financial modelling services to our clients, for a wide variety of purposes, including to support mergers and acquisitions; corporate reorganisations and restructuring, joint ventures and for tax purposes. We work with many of the largest blue-chip corporates as well as with private clients operating in the mid-market in the UK and overseas, across a diverse range of industry sectors, providing insights and high-quality services to help build trust and confidence in capital markets and markets around the UK and across the world.
Working in the valuation team provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments, which can last from a few days to months and may involve working as part of a multi-disciplinary team across multiple geographies. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across a broad range of industry sectors valuing businesses, investments and intangible assets. You will enjoy the potential for rapid personal development in a dynamic team,
We are dedicated to everyone’s success and are committed to grow the Partner team in the regional business and offer phenomenal career development opportunities at all levels.
Our Manchester office is stylish and modern, offering a flexible approach to working. We agree as a team how and when we work, making our people our top priority and encouraging an open, honest, and transparent environment.
If you are interested in joining a demanding but exciting, fulfilling and rewarding firm, and a world-class global brand within Valuations then we would love to hear from you. We welcome candidates of all levels, ranging from entry-level to senior-level and everything in between.
Valuations, and the type work you may be involved in:
- Commercial - advising companies, partnerships and individuals on the value of shares, businesses or assets in connection with transactions, or for strategic management purposes.
- Taxation - valuations for fiscal purposes in the UK and other territories.
- Regulatory – supporting companies in determining fair values for financial reporting purposes, in particular in connection with acquisitions/ business combinations, including the valuation of acquired assets such as brands, technologies, customer relationships, and proprietary know-how .
- Dispute resolution – valuations for the purpose of dispute resolution, including providing litigation support and independent expert valuations.
Below are some skills and qualities we are looking for in Valuations:
- Valuation experience at a professional services firm or investment bank, within industry or tax authority commensurate with the role being applied for.
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think commercially and laterally.
- An ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients.
- Strong attention to detail in conjunction with an ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An outstanding team player, but also with the resilience and motivation to operate individually.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others.
- CFA/ACA/ACCA or similar financial qualification
- According to the role applied for, specialist experience in a particular sector/s may be desirable, but not required.
If you think you can contribute to our Valuations team with your background or transferrable skills, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.