Middle Office Operations Manager - Alternative Investment Services, hybrid, Officer
Who are we looking for?
In the Middle Office Operations Manager - AIS, Officer role you will be responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the accurate and timely servicing of your Middle Office clients. In addition you will take charge of creating efficiencies, resolving complex queries and enhancing overall client satisfaction.
Why is this role important to us?
The team you will be joining is within the Poland Middle Office Tower in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street Global Delivery, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and Gdańsk office to match your needs and role requirements.
As Middle Office Operations Manager, Officer you will
- Coordinate day to day tasks and ensure the daily tasks are completed and accurate
- Maintain your primary portfolios, trading in all types of alternatives investment securities.
- Monitor trade fails with prime brokers, counterparties and the Fund, including a review of fails.
- Overview of daily reconciliation breaks, while ensuring all breaks are followed up and escalated to local Manager, Client &/or client where necessary.
- Liaise with clients re ad-hoc issues and lead the resolution of the more complex queries.
- People management – Interviewing, perform staff appraisals; address any staff performance issues, etc.
- Manage training needs of team, ensure training gaps are identified and addressed.
- Co-ordinate system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team.
- Work with teams on productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Establish & Manage relationships with internal & external stakeholders at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in the Poland office. i.e Oversight, Clients, Counterparties, Prime Brokers, etc.
- Address the queries from the team, provide guidance and support from technical perspective, responsible for SOPs set-up and review.
- Be Involved in new client & fund onboarding activities.
- Lead improvement and transformation projects collaborating with Oversight and Local management.
Skills and competencies which will help you to succeed in the role:
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Very good communicational, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure/deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances while under pressure.
- Attention to detail while retaining efficiency and effectiveness.
- Client-centric mindset.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology
- 4-6 years of work experience in Middle Office, Asset Management Services, Finance or Accounting areas.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the Fund Administration industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management /Fund Administration disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: o Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Broad understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Team leadership, supervisory, workload management or coaching experience is an asset
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Fluent command of English both in speaking and writing
- PC literate – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills necessary.
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Offs
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.