Internship: Finance & Audit
Internship: Finance & Audit
Duration: 6 months or longer, 40 hours per week.
Start date: A.s.a.p.
Location: Amsterdam HQ
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Global Support Operations (GSO) within Philips Internal Audit (PIA) that provides leadership with independent insights and comfort on Philips performance. We are looking for a candidate who is striving to deliver Best-In-Class results and has a flexible and customer oriented attitude.
You are responsible for
- Owning a dedicated Internal Audit process
- Supporting the leadership team in the decision-making process by conducting value add analysis
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of the Global Support Operations which are ever-changing as a result of a dynamic environment and continuous improvement ambition.
You are a part of
The Global Support Operations (GSO) within Philips Internal Audit (PIA). PIA provides leadership with independent insights and comfort on Philips performance. Our Internal Audit department is executing audits around the world, facilitated by a Global Team consisting of 50 colleagues globally.
GSO is a critical enabler to realize PIA strategic intent. We provide insights to make better decisions, we drive operational excellence within our department, we ensure compliance and we coordinate team collaboration. To support our ambition, we need your drive, energetic and hands-on support.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Students who are currently studying towards their University Bachelor (last year) or Master of science WO (Msc.) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and an open and global oriented work mentality
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with senior-level management, previous internship experience in an international organization is an advantage
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
In return, we offer you
Unique working experience at a global HealthTech leading firm. You will have the first insights into the world of Philips and how PIA supports Philips to realize its strategy. In addition, you will be developing hard and soft skills such as communication, analytical and stakeholder management skills. If possible and needed, we will support your thesis assignment.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
We do not provide a thesis topic but give opportunity to work on your thesis and support you with your thesis where relevant, bearing in mind this is a 40 hour / week role.