Audit Senior (Caribbean and Bermuda Opportunities)
Do you want to work with an intellectually curious team of external auditors working to design and develop innovative solutions for our clients? Opportunities in Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, and Trinidad & Tobago!
- Be exposed to a complex and global client portfolio, and provide insight that can inform and guide clients’ future aspirations
- Learn from the best and most highly-regarded professionals in the market – a focus on your coaching, learning, and development
- Enjoy working for a top professional services firm and making an impact that matters, while enjoying an island lifestyle!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Audit Senior, you challenge the status quo, apply original thought and as a result, play an integral role in designing and completing Audit solutions for your clients in various industries, including financial services. Your keen interest for continuous learning along with your excellent communication and relationship-building skills position you as a trusted advisor with your clients. You are known for your project management skills and ability to execute audits under pressure.
About the team
In Assurance & Advisory, our specialized accounting skills empower clients to have a clear understanding of their accounts and financial position. We don’t just understand our clients’ businesses, we look for growth opportunities and identify risks beyond traditional financial reporting functions. We approach our work with a collaborative mindset and know that we are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. As the marketplace recognizes our talent, our team of auditors and accountants is growing more than ever, and that’s why we need you to join us.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or above with excellent academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management or related disciplines
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, ACA)
- Currently on track to complete designation requirements by December 2022 (Bermuda)
- 2 to 3 years audit experience in audit in public practice Preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry sector
- Experience with a Big 4 professional services firm
- Exposure to US GAAP/GAAS or International Accounting Standards (Bermuda)
- PCAOB Experience (Bermuda)
At Deloitte, in order to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we commit to:
- Providing our people with a supportive culture, rooted in our shared values and driven by our purpose, to make an impact that matters.
- Promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, well-being, and learning and development.
- Providing an equitable and transparent performance and career management experience.
- Providing increased agility and flexibility within our hybrid working model and opportunities for mobility across projects, businesses, and borders.
- Offering a competitive total compensation and rewards package along with a variety of benefits and programs to support you and your family’s needs including our well-being subsidy, paid leave, and YouTime.
- For select roles, we provide contracts up to two years in length and international relocation packages.
We know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, ability or thinking style; and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte.