Global Cash Senior Accountant
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- The Global SSC Cash Senior Accountant is responsible for the cash accounting within the shared service centers process.
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
- Prepare manual journals as needed for related activity with adequate supporting documentation
- Complete assigned related account reconciliations in Blackline per established deadlines
- Respond to queries from local country finance in a timely manner
- Provide audit support as needed
- Support regional and global reporting requirements such as monthly Balance Sheet & P&L Flux analysis
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required
- Experience in JDE, Blackline, Alteryx and W-Desk is an advantage
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holiday
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.