Finance & Business Management Program Management Sr. Associate
The Global Technology Finance & Business Management (“GT F&BM”) team is part of the Office of the CFO (“OCFO”) organization and supports all Corporate Sector and Line of Business (“LOB”) Technology functions, providing oversight and control for firmwide Technology expenditures. The team provides CFO, Financial Planning & Analysis, Program and Business Management services to Technology function heads and organizations, partnering with the function’s leadership team to achieve the financial and control objectives related to all facets of Technology.
JPMC’s Global Technology (GT) group, that GT F&BM supports, is a world-class technology team employing an innovative, disciplined and business-focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. Across 21 technology hubs worldwide, the team of 50,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $12B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
Reporting to the Global Technology Finance Program Management Vice President this Senior Associate role is part of a small agile team who partner with Technology CFOs to shape and manage large-scale transformation programs across a range of fronts impacting end-to-end financial planning and reporting such as Technology investment spend, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analytics, etc. The role requires strategic and independent thought leadership, an ability to facilitate outcome-oriented, cross-functional discussions to align on target state solutions, strong planning and analysis business process background, and a strong financial acumen.
To be successful in this position, you should be able to partner well with others, influence outcomes, have an intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly, and have a problem-solving mentality. You should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and enjoy handling multiple moving parts in a fast-paced environment.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for you to:
- Liaise across firmwide Technology and Finance groups to understand current processes, technologies used, and challenges
- Learn and apply leading practices for financial planning and analysis to formulate opportunities for efficiencies, process improvement and technology enablement
- Work on senior level presentations and analysis and present your work in meetings with Finance and Technology leadership, be able to concisely articulate recommendations, program plans and status, issues, risks, etc.
- Drive critical programs in support of achieving JPMC Global Technology modernization objectives
- Support the firmwide perspective on important technology items internally within JPMC and keep abreast of external technology trends and major events
- Identify opportunities to improve Technology financial and business planning and analysis to advance GT’s strategic objectives, including modernization
- Support special strategic projects where necessary
- Prioritize issues, analysis, and team capacity
- Work collaboratively with team members across lines of business (LOBs)
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, technology finance, and/or project management
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Understanding of enterprise and emerging technology a plus
- Experience managing 1 or work workstreams in large-scale transformations
- Understanding of analytical and independent problem-solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities with ease and under pressure
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to forge relationships, indirectly lead, influence, and gain consensus on process
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- High attention to detail; follows through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Proactive and entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to articulate concepts and strategies effectively
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.