Tax, Intern - Tax Technology and Transformation, Asia Pacific Tax Centre, Singapore (Winter'22)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice offers services to organisations in response to fast paced technology changes and business trends, including the growing data burden that many taxpayers face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the need to make data an asset. The underlying objective of TTT is to support our clients develop leading edge people, processes and technology in order to navigate the digital age of tax transparency and compliance.
Our TTT practice is looking to hire a Consultant to join their growing team which is made up of highly skilled professionals with a broad range of technology and consulting competencies. TTT are a global leader in the development of emerging digital tax applications for our client’s day-to-day problems. This is an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you will see that reflected in your career. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
In your role as a Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice automation and data analytics solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications for multinational tax departments. You will take ownership of assigned tasks and support delivery of them until completion, including documenting requirements, design, configuration, testing, and project management.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Accounting, Tax Technology or equivalent.
- Strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Knowledge or experience in Robotics Process Automation (RPA) / Data Science and Data Analytics / design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- Experience with developing ETL solutions using SSIS or other tools
- Data analytics and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or Qlik
- Knowledge in Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map and Microsoft Office VBA development
- SharePoint development
- Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems (such as ONESOURCE, CCH, etc.)
- A desire to use new technologies to help change the way in which our clients operate their processes and manage their data
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Be open to occasional travel around Asia Pacific regions
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.