Manager - Business Services & Outsourcing - Manchester
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high ‑ growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
This is a chance to join a fast growing, dynamic and forward thinking team to hone your financial reporting skills and help to drive a client centric approach to doing business. Our team supports a wide range of exciting clients in sectors including not for profit, manufacturing, real estate and technology. Our focus is to help clients succeed through simplifying the day to day of doing business including the delivery of statutory accounts, limited assurance reports and advisory.
Our team of business advisors collaborates to focus on meeting evolving client needs, working closely with other teams to deliver the right expertise from across BDO both domestically and internationally. As one of the leading global firms of accountants, we are ideally placed to help businesses looking to scale to the next stage.
In this role we will support your development to become a leading business adviser, working closely with the leadership team and others to support clients as they change and adapt.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success
We work on a large variety of clients. In the role, you will:
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for a portfolio of clients. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Prepare and review statutory accounts (including consolidations and cash flows) and disclosures within under UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Lead on the delivery of limited assurance projects
- Responsible for the financial management of, and maximising profitability from, a portfolio of clients.
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with clients in a timely manner.
- Engage with clients directly on technical queries and challenges.
- Review the work of junior staff, and complete monthly reviews to ensure accurate financial information.
- Train and develop junior staff to help them progress
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Liaison with central and specialist departments on such matters as VAT, tax, risk management, technical and other matters.
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Significant previous experience in an assistant manager role or experience in a manager role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation (compilations) or audit services to large businesses.
- Previous experience in providing assurance work including limited assurance, agreed upon procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102
- Working knowledge of Charities SORP and other specialist SORPS as well as IFRS
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of risk management processes within an accounting firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of CaseWare and other relevant accounts production software
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fueling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.