Senior Manager - Finance Audit
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced auditor for its Internal Audit Department (IAD). IAD comprises Business, Risk and Technology Auditors; Subject Matter Experts (e.g., Risk, Data Analytics); and support functions that are responsible for ensuring the department adheres to professional, regulatory and Firm policies and procedures. IAD provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the Firm's internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes. It achieves this by identifying and assessing the operating risks of the Firm and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's system of internal control. The division provides opportunity to gain unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations.
We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Team: Finance Audit (Regulatory Reporting and Core Finance)
The role will reside within the Internal Audit's Global Service Center (GSC) - Finance audit team in Mumbai. The role includes audit completion and maintaining client relationships within the firm's Finance organization including Financial and Regulatory Reporting Controllers, Accounting Standards and Control, Financial Planning & Strategy, and Corporate Tax. The person in the role will assist the Finance audit team in completing its annual audit plan, audit test design and execution, identifying areas requiring control enhancements, providing recommendations for control improvements and undertaking continuous monitoring of key business activities. Audited functions include Finance Regulatory Reporting, Financial Accounting and related Policies, Valuations, Tax and Product Controllers etc., in coordination with the established IA teams responsible for coverage of Risk, Finance, Technology and the respective business divisions.
- Provide audit coverage in Finance Capital planning audits through risk assessments, audit planning, testing and reporting.
- Lead / participate in the periodic continuous monitoring of Finance activities, analyze and document risk assessments.
- Assist Audit Coverage Managers in developing audit planning documents, test programs and execute against plans within specified budgets and lead certain aspects of audits/reviews.
- Lead / participate in continuous monitoring and risk assessment of key business processes to drive risk-based audit plan.
- Assist and review the documentation of junior team members and provide appropriate guidance where required.
- Communicate audit findings to the Internal Audit coverage managers and senior client management.
- Identify and evaluate key risks surrounding Finance Regulatory Reporting and other Core Finance process.
- Create and execute test procedures to assess the designated control environment, and clearly document results in line with internal documentation standards.
- Lead / participate in strategic initiatives and projects to enhance our audit approach and coverage.
- Develop solid working relationship with auditees and across the broader Internal Audit Department.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong Audit candidate who should be able to complete risk assessments and work within a team, to plan, execute and review audit tests/tasks assigned and report findings during financial audits.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understand audit scope, prepare audit planning documentation, plan and lead walkthroughs and audit testing.
- Understand the financial system and reporting requirements as applicable to key Finance processes in scope and associated risks, and identify the key Finance risks and controls that are impacted.
- Functional or Audit experience around Asia, US and/ or UK Finance Regulatory Reports such as Capital Adequacy, ICAAP, Financial Statements or exposure in reports like FR Y-9C, FR Y-14M/Q/A, FFIEC, COREP et all.
- Solid technical knowledge of accounting standards and experience in researching GAAP and/or other regulatory standards.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of financial statement processes and accounting requirements.
- Team player with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and within a small team setting.
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated strong analytical skills in identifying and analyzing Finance risks.
- Having people management responsibilities and experience to handle a small team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters/ Bachelors Degree (major in Accounting or Finance preferred).
- CA, CPA, or equivalent certification (preferred, though not required).
- Regulatory Reporting/ Accounting and auditing background with a minimum of 9 years of related experience either with a prior Internal Audit function or public accounting firm (required).
- Understanding of the Internal Audit processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring) (Required).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.