Forensics Manager with Audit Background
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) team is growing and as a Forensic Manager you will play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you will develop innovative recommendations to some of the most complex fraud and corruption issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries and geographies, you can expect to take on a wide range of prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
As all clients have unique issues, it is no exaggeration to say you will never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. More specifically, you will be assigned to support both our clients and our team by:
- Collaborating with the leadership team to plan engagement strategy/objectives, undertaking risk assessments and leading the engagements to deliver agreed plan.
- Developing and maintaining productive and long-term relationships with client management.
- Generating new business opportunities, understanding EY services and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge.
- Exercising your accounting skills and expertise in conducting detailed corporate financial statement investigations.
- Exercising your professional judgement in analyzing the data received by our clients’ and identifying accounting related and business driven red flags.
- Preparing concrete and detailed reports which will present the findings of our work and will provide clear benefit to our clients in English and Greek language.
- Undertaking a variety of assurance and audit related projects based on specific law and regulatory requirements.
- Leading by example, developing and mentoring engagement team members and conducting performance reviews.
- Demonstrating integrity, professionalism and quality at all aspects of our working life
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery
On top of that, you will have the chance to work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You will also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. It is all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 6 years of relevant Audit working experience in one of the big audit or mid-tier firms with a proven track record of outstanding performance (most preferably with experience in consumer products, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals industry and generally industrial and commercial sectors)
- A professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Experience in understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and financial information, processes, policies and procedures
- A curious, inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Confidence to support clients in situations with significant ambiguity and uncertainty
- Knowledge on the fields of Investigations & Compliance
- Enthusiasm for working across borders in an open and multi-cultural environment and flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations)
Ideally you will also have
- Proficiency with other than English foreign languages
- CFE/ACAMS/CIA qualification
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Through our corporate culture, which combines variety, life balance, training and an international perspective, we will help you achieve your potential. We are very aware that your views, your energy and your enthusiasm are the drivers that will move us all forward!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.