UK Settlements/Agent Bank Operations Specialist, Associate 2 - Edinburgh
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
This position is responsible for completing all assigned tasks and processes, operating within the controls, guidelines and procedures as established by the team’s First Line Manager, including assisting other team members where required.
To ensure the timely and accurate settlement of all transactions within CREST and investigate and resolve any security and cash breaks referred to your department. Communication with many external and other internal parties for the purpose of issue investigation and resolution and also for understanding and clarifying market processes and standards.
In the role of UK Settlements/Agent Bank Operations, you will be responsible for:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Update status of failing instructions on GSMAC system to reflect market status.
- Monitor and chase for resolution of failing trades.
- Liaise with counterparties and/or sub-custodians on settlement and market related issues.
- Liaise with relevant Fund Groups on failing trades.
- Process any Cash related items and resolve any open issues.
- Resolve any cash and security breaks referred to department.
- Make recommendations to team leader for improvements to processes and procedures and for the resolution of problems.
- Actively seek out potential enhancements to the operation of the team, document and raise these to the FLM.
- Ability to work independently and field enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, operation of clean desk policy.
- Manage time and priorities effectively and be able to adapt quickly to new systems and processes.
- Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken.
- Adhere to all departmental and company wide procedural guidelines e.g. timekeeping, dress, overtime, holiday cover.
- Provide on the job training to new starts within the team and act as first point of escalation / subject matter expert for any complex queries received or generated by the other team members.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Candidate should have the ability to adapt quickly to new systems and processes affecting their role.
- Good team player who is flexible to change and the needs of the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, for communication both within the team and also to management and external groups.
- Should be capable of working in a deadline/volume driven environment whilst maintaining accuracy and focus.
- Able to prioritise and focus on the most urgent and important task. Should exhibit skill in planning and monitoring workload including self-management in order to achieve goals within expected timescales.
- Must be pro-active in approach with a focus on helping other team members.
- Should have the ability to question processes and be analytical, with a very high degree of accuracy in all work completed.
Education and Experience
- A Level / Higher, IAQ qualification, Finance, or Accounting preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the financial industry is preferred but not essential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.