Fund Accounting Manager with German, Officer
Who we are looking for
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV). They are also responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Manager you will
- Take responsibility for the quality of service delivered to assigned clients
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and AVP informed of issue. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Ensure adherence to IFS internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Manage the administration billing process
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Director, Assistant Vice President & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Initial point of contact for Fund Accounting Senior Associate(s) & team members in your charge.
- Provide weekly reporting on issues and status to management team.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Communicative German language level
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.