Risk Management Audit
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements
Internal Audit is comprised of Business and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Risk audit professional for its Asia based audit team covering Risk and Treasury for Asia. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit Department's Risk audit team in performing risk assessment, monitoring and planning; executing audits; communicating to senior management and the Board Audit Committee those areas requiring control enhancements; and providing recommendations for improvements
The person in the role will be required to provide risk expertise, with a focus on market and credit, risk. Audited functions cover all aspects of the Firm's Risk as well as Treasury processes in Asia, including but not limited to
- Adequacy of and adherence to Risk policies and procedures
- Accuracy of internal models
- Quality of market data and risk data
- On-going monitoring of risk exposures
- Completeness, accuracy & timeliness of regulatory calculations
Based in Mumbai and functionally reporting to the Asia Pacific Risk Audit Coverage Director, this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on integrated financial and technology audits with involvement in the following areas:
- Perform ongoing risk assessment, monitoring and planning through interacting with our key stakeholders.
- Plan and perform Risk audits across Asia.
- Communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas.
- Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
- Draft concise audit issues and reports.
- Verify the closure of audit issues and actions.
- Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards.
Educational Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Degree in Finance, Risk Management, Economics, Accounting
- 6-10 years of experience in Financial Service / Risk Areas preferably in Auditing
- Risk Management knowledge and experience relating to Market / Credit risk
- Certifications like FRM, CFA, CA, CIA would be an advantage
- Strong technical understanding of Market / Credit Risk Management core concepts & methodologies, preferably having worked in risk management internal audit in a major bank/financial institution.
- Good understanding of Basel 2/3 and CRR rules, particularly relating to Market / Credit Risk Management.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience to perform audits preferably in Market / Credit Risk space.
- Strong team-working skills to support the broader audit function by leveraging their knowledge to the best use of the Firm.
- Proven ability to build credible relationships with senior management in the Risk function.
- Ability to manage portions of risk management audit reviews that he/she is assigned responsibility for.
- Ability to clearly document findings in work papers to ensure they meet internal standards.
- Strong communication and writing skills and the ability to write clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Good technology skills and the ability to analyze large amounts of complex data to identify potential issues.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.