Manager - Prudential Liquidity Risk - Financial Services Advisory
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
As a Specialist Liquidity Risk Manager/Senior Manager in the Financial Services Advisory (Prudential) team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects relating to market and liquidity risk such as ILAAP reviews, LCR/PRA110 regulatory reporting reviews, liquidity optimisation, impact assessment of market risk calculations/Pillar 2 market risk and assessing interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB).
Our projects are typically structured as internal audit reviews, s166 skilled person reviews and other external reviews requested by our clients. We also work closely with other BDO teams such as Corporate Finance, Forensics and Tax.
- Provide liquidity and market risk subject matter expert input to the financial services advisory team on regulatory reporting and prudential risk including technical updates, support in planning discussions and issue resolution and training of staff
- Manage liquidity and market risk regulatory assignments for Financial Services clients (including internal audit), including planning, organisation of resources and review within your specialism
- Create, manage and deliver internal regulatory assurance reviews
- Lead relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Be Involved in key activities, which may include recruitment, budgeting, resource allocation, quality assurance etc.
- Be aware of possible business opportunities for the team
- Assist in the development of our regulatory assurance/internal audit service offerings
- Deliver assignments in the required timeframe as agreed with the client
- Ensure projects are well managed and commercially viable and on budget
- Attend networking events and conferences to ensure knowledge and skills remain up-to-date and to promote BDO’s services where appropriate
You'll be someone:
- Hands on experience working on liquidity and market risk projects (i.e. LCR, ILAAP, BIPRU 12, IRRBB, Treasury Management) either in a financial services business (i.e. treasury or regulatory teams) or in a consulting firms.
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Services sector and the UK regulatory environment generally and have significant depth of knowledge in your area of specialism. This includes detailed knowledge of the CRR, IFPR and BIPRU 12.
- Have undertaken a range of advisory assignments and have an understanding of review methodologies and techniques including assignment planning. Alternatively, delivered similar change projects (i.e. PRA110) in a financial institution.
- Qualified Accountant or Internal Audit professional qualifications and/or memberships i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead and engage
We're in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.