Operational Risk - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
The position requires leading and collaborating with Business and risk teams to implement Risk management frameworks in accordance with State Street requirements. The role also includes performance of process and control design reviews on high risk rated critical business processes for India Hub.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of India Business Risk Management Team. BRM is the first line of defense team and works with business to establish the core risk management principles.
What you will be responsible for:
- Implement and Perform process and control design reviews in line with State Street Framework including documentation of process maps, RCMs, Control design and effectiveness testing.
- Maintain, and oversee a comprehensive system of controls to identify, mitigate, and address potential business and operations risks. The systems of controls must encompass operational controls to prevent and mitigate operating losses and reputational risk;
- Perform walkthroughs with business unit management and subject matter experts developing process flows, identifying areas of risk, reviewing procedures in place, identifying control weaknesses and opportunities for process improvements.
- Evaluation of the control design and operating effectiveness of the end to end process to be performed to ensure operational and compliance risks are appropriately mitigated, and regulatory obligations are met.
- Identify, communicate and resolve thematic issues
- Ability to deep dive where needed, perform detailed analysis and identify solutions through out of the box thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on prioritizations. Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Collaborate with wide range of senior stakeholders to improve pace of delivery and quality of execution.
- Strong management skills who can lead a team of risk management specialists.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work on MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Post Graduate/ Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Risk Management or equivalent qualifications preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Risk Management and Governance space
- Candidates with risk certification from IRM, GARP, PRMIA will be preferred.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.