Indirect Tax Compliance Preparer - ACDC (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG Delivery Network’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’KDN MY’’), which offers tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds, and skills. KDN MY offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes, and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG to support in their expansion of compliance services across the region. KDN MY works closely with KPMG’s Global Tax leaders to translate business requirements into a clear global delivery strategy for delivery centers that supports the needs of global KPMG solutions, including but not limited to, Tax Reimagined. It also creates and operates an interoperable, seamlessly integrated network of Global Delivery Centers to enable globally consistent delivery.
The world of global tax compliance for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing, and KPMG is changing its delivery model to seize the opportunity. Large MNCs have consolidated their compliance operations into a handful of in-house global/regional locations supporting their hundreds of specialty services units worldwide to drive efficiencies. However, tax compliance has become heavily dependent on technology, and MNCs will need to significantly invest in technology to optimize their costs of compliance. Alternatively, they can outsource their compliance to a provider that has the global expertise and can scale its technology investment costs, while offering an efficient delivery model that optimizes integrated centralization the way MNCs have already demonstrated, while integrating it with local SMEs where appropriate.
KDN MY has a great career opportunity with indirect tax. Joining our team, you will need to help us to deliver data enabled compliance services to clients.
- Preparation of VAT and other indirect tax related reports for multinational clients based on country specific guidance
- Help clients in being compliant with their tax obligations
- Responding to requests from clients and pro-actively anticipating our clients’ needs
- Identify automation opportunities to apply technology to optimize process effectiveness
- Prepare draft letters for clients, summarizing facts, analyzing specific solutions and recommendations
- Support Manager/SM at client meetings
- Assist in transitioning new clients
- Become proficient with the tools used for Indirect Tax Compliance
- Perform reconciliations that support compliance requirements
- BSc or MSc graduate in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Data acumen/ experience is preferred
- Strong written and spoken English
- Additional regional language proficiency would be an asset specifically ASPAC jurisdiction
- Ability to identify potential problems and issues
- Proven advanced Excel knowledge (Pivot table is a must)
- Precision, reliability and pro-active personality
- Effective communication skills and client orientation
- Great analytical skills, ability to collect, understand, organize, analyze complex processes and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle large amounts of data and work with structured data operators
- Team player at heart
- Ability and willingness to learn the end-to-end indirect tax automation process
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.