Financial Reporting - Associate 1 (Graduate)
Who are we looking for?
An opportunity exists for an entry level position in our Financial Reporting Department. We are looking for newly qualified graduates with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.. For the right candidate this represents a good opportunity to gain exposure and extensive knowledge of the financial reporting department of the leading fund administrator in Ireland. The successful candidate will work within a team of experienced professionals where full training on all aspects of financial reporting will be provided with exposure to a wide variety of investment vehicles and instruments. As part of their ongoing development, the person will learn about the functions and responsibilities of different departments within the company. If you’re looking to train and qualify as a professional accountant, well State Street Ireland is the place for you. State Street are the largest financial administrator in Ireland with the ability for career development in a variety of different areas in the funds industry.
What we can offer you?
Flexibility to blend working from home or office, excellent benefits package, strong personal and career development programmes to support your career journey and much more. Keep reading to find out more.
Why this role is important to us?
As a core member of our Financial Reporting team, you will be working with a team of dedicated financial reporting professionals to deliver high quality financial statements for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon. The role will give exposure and the opportunity to build strong relationships across functions internally and directly with clients, auditors and regulators.
What you will be responsible for?
- Assist in the planning, preparation, review and finalisation of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements.
- Liasing with auditors and resolving their queries on a timely basis.
- Liasing with other departments within SSIIL for the purpose of gathering information related to audits and other ad-hoc duties.
- Submission of monthly, quarterly reports to regulatory bodies (ISE, the Central Bank).
- Assist in ad hoc project work as requested from time to time.
What we value?
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Aptitude for figures.
- Technical competence in terms of financial reporting disclosure (GAAP, regulatory)
- Detail conscious
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of basic accounting principles.
- An enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business and/or relevant qualification.
- Education Support
- To further enhance your career and development, State Street provides full support to train and qualify as a professional accountant with any of the professional bodies (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA).
Apply today – Join a global player with local values.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.