Associate, Transaction Diligence, Strategy and Transactions
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Help clients achieve their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets.
- Advise clients during the due diligence process to identify key value drivers and challenge assumptions about future performance
- Work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated service to our clients.
- Likely to also work on a number of cross border assignments working with other EY offices around the world
Skills and attributes for success
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree
- Entrepreneurial mind set and business acumen
- Passion for helping clients achieve their potential
- Able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions.
- Familiar with fundamental concepts of accounting including IFRS
- Good presentation skills and prior audit experience would be advantageous
- Possess data analysis & critical thinking skills with a flair in MS Excel applications
Good to have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload/send in the following documents along with your online application:
- Detailed resume with indicative interest in Life or General Insurance work
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.