Associate - Finance (Record to Report) (R2R)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
- Perform daily accounting operations, including posting journal entries, and reconciling between subsidiary and general ledgers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the trial balance and general ledger, including keeping accurate records of fixed assets, account payable, net investment and bank accounts.
- Handle full set of accounts, tax computation and costing.
- Responsible for yearly statutory audit.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc management reports.
- Prepare monthly and yearly accounts management reports.
- Arrange for billing and receipts of administrative expenses.
- Help to manage working capital and cash flow.
- Ensure adherence to company policies.
- Liaise with auditors / tax agents / bankers / head office / regional offices / global finance teams.
- Provide support as and when needed on ad-hoc assignments.
- Report to Senior Manager, Finance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor of accounting or related professional qualifications.
- 1-3 years of working experience.
- Good command of written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for details.
- Good work organisation skills, is self motivated, proactive and willing to work under pressure in an individual or team capacity.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customers and delivery of a quality service is key.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, and preferable Oracle Financial.
- This role will be on a 12 months contract and subject to renewal/converted to permanent based on performance
Additional application instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.