Experienced Associate - Corporate Tax Generalist (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryWe’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner- verbally and in the materials produced.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in tax issues facing multinational US companies or publically traded entities.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Completing Tax compliance and provision preparation;
- Working experience identifying and addressing client needs;
- Building relationships with clients;
- Developing an awareness of Firm services;
- Communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and,
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader by:
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional, researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Chartered Accountant or equivalent (such as ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ/ CPA Australia).
- Minimum Years of Experience: One year
- Oral and written proficiency in English required
- Strong leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Degree - AccountingDesired Languages
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.