Tax Assistant Manager - Global Compliance and Reporting - KSA
MENA Tax - Global Compliance & Reporting, Assistant Manager
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Our GCR tax service line operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of a MENA team, you will be providing high quality services to clients across a range of industries. You will also lead a team looking after service delivery, co-ordination, issue resolution, and contract management of large-scale projects where you will need to manage and coordinate the delivery of tax services by EY teams in the region.
Your key responsibilities
You will combine strong technical skills with practical commercial, legislative and industry knowledge to lead a team in providing tax services. You will be responsible for a team to help manage our clients’ compliance and reporting needs. You will establish, maintain and strengthen valued internal and external relationships and ensure that the services delivered to clients is of the highest quality.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of client engagements, monitor progress and deliverables, put in place the necessary standardized processes, anticipate and identify risks, escalate issues as appropriate and drive performance-improvement solutions.
You will supervise high performing teams and build a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling junior team members to help them develop. You will also be responsible for ensuring adherence to our Tax Quality guidelines.
Skills and attributes for success
If you are an excellent communicator and detail oriented professional with a strong track record of management experience who is comfortable working across borders with a wide network of people and with large amount of data, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials in accounting, business, finance, taxation or any related essential fields.
- MBA, Masters or another related advanced degree and/or professional qualifications e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT or equivalent qualification.
- A very strong knowledge and minimum 4 years of experience in domestic and international tax rules/regulations, developments etc., ideally within a large professional services company or similar environment.
- A very strong background in tax accounting and tax auditing, ideally within a large professional services company or similar environment.
- A strong track record of managerial, organizational and project management experience.
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience of dealing with multinational clients and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth commercial, legislative and industry knowledge.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.