Senior Financial Analyst
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate closely with in-country country business partners and finance teams to review projections, budgets and historical results.
- Load budget and forecast adjustments into system.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, forecasts, and the annual budget / strategic plan preparation.
- Support the delivery of comprehensive monthly reporting packages for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with P&L/cost center owner, etc.
- Partner with FP&A Regional, Local, and Corporate resources within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives.
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks.
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to assess business performance and facilitate decision making and business support.
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Support Finance leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies).
- Liaise with the FP&A Global Delivery Center (GDC) and other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality / control requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required.
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 5 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and analysis.
- Expert in technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Excellent financial modeling skills preferred, experience in statistical modeling techniques is a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Expert in PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required.
- English: Native or bilingual proficiency required.