Staff Accountant - JGM
The candidate’s principal responsibilities will include recording and reconciling cash transactions, day-to-day support on client’s operational tasks, preparing quarterly workpapers and other reporting deliverables. Our client’s range between private equity, real estate and hedge funds; it is critical that the candidate learn and develop subject matter expertise. Our business model relies on use of technology and processes. A candidate who is detail and process oriented will succeed in the many opportunities available across various departments within the firm.
- Record accruals, perform bank reconciliations and book journal entries
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliations across fund and related entities
- Prepare quarterly and annual stand alone and consolidated financial statements on a US GAAP basis
- Provide data for debt compliance calculations and complete schedules supporting treasury functions such as cash logs
- Support preparation of capital events and record accounting entries for capital activity.
- Support Senior Accountant in reviewing acquisition and disposition of asset legal documents and record accounting entries for related transaction
- Prepare supplemental reporting for investors, lenders client and other stakeholders on a periodic and ad-hoc basis
- Coordinate with external audit teams to provide detailed support
- Train and develop working knowledge of technology used by JGM
- Develop an understanding of JGM’s business and client needs
- Build effective working relationships at a peer level and within the assigned team/department
- Ask questions, clarify concepts and bring to light any issues with data and process that would help other team members/users
- Participate in firm‐wide initiatives – recruitment, marketing, etc.
- Train and support new staff accountants as they on-board
- Pursue self-development opportunities that are aligned with the firm’s competency model
- 1-3 years of experience in public accounting and/or fund/corporate/real estate accounting
- BS or MS in Accounting (150 credit-hours preferred but not required ) and CPA (or candidate)
- Must be a team-oriented self-starter who takes initiative and understands customer service
- Proven ability to adapt to new environments easily and articulate ideas across a broad range of audiences.
- Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and shown to acclimate to new technologies and systems with ease
- Role will be based in Iselin, NJ
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
JGM Fund Administration, LLC, a New York State registered CPA firm is a boutique fund administrator. Our concierge style of service results in a true partnership with our clients as we tailor our range of middle and back office services to their unique needs. Our core practice centers around fund administration and tax advisory & compliance engagements for private equity and real estate funds. We focus our efforts on using state of the art technology to enhance our client’s overall experience. The hallmark of our success is our commitment to personal interaction and communication; no matter the day or time, one of our managing partners will always answer the phone when a client call.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.