Derivative Over The Counter Middle Office, AVP
Who we are looking for
State Street is searching for AVP to join State Street’s operation team – APAC OTC Middle Office team which is part of complex operation Derivative COE. Team is located in Hangzhou and serving APAC clients. As a manager role, Candidate will be responsible for manage both team’s business performance in various areas and staff development.
What you will be responsible for
As & you will
- Follow up/optimize the operating model to fulfill various requirements from newly on boarded clients in China and in compliance with regulatory and internal risk control requirements
- Manage internal and external client relationships and handle daily operation related queries.
- Manage and oversee development of all subordinate staff members.
- Ensure service level agreements are met and implement appropriate changes where necessary.
- Develop, review and analyze metric data & risk reports and present findings and solutions to Management
- Oversee reviews of procedures on a regular basis to ensure alignment with Standard Operating Procedures is up to date
- Comply with company risk and compliance requirements and assist in the Corporate Audit when necessary
- Analyze current processes and recommend process improvements
- Meet client deliverables timely and accurately with no performance alert and financial loss.
- Lead and manage initiatives/changes to continuously improve the process and achieve annual saving target
- Ensure teams have the proper training, etc to meet deliverables. Ensure controls, checklists, procedures, and compliance requirements are met timely and accurately when delivering services to our clients. Ensure all company trainings are completed timely for both team and individual. Ensure the succession plan has been placed and regularly updated
- Keep Risk excellence in mind. Including issue escalation, business project communication, and business partnership communication.
- Communicate to clients effectively and build strategic partnerships with your clients. Escalate issues timely, and work well in a team environment to accomplish our goals.
- Ensure OT policy is followed with no exception within your team. Manage and develop staff to control the turnover rate.
- Support and participate in global footprint strategy to ensure 100% completion on schedule.
- Finish the finance saving target on time
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiar with the accounting service, middle office service, Derivative service or custody service etc.
- Good understanding of Derivative and OTC product knowledge will be preferred
- 6-8+ years’ experience in fund service with a good understanding of global market and local regulation.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong ability and past experience to drive changes and projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good management skill
- Securities qualification or accounting related certification is a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor + with major finance, accounting would prefer
- CFA , CPA would be plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.