Business Recovery Administrator
We are currently looking for an experienced Administrator in the Business Recovery department.
This is a key position based out of the Cardiff office and forms part of the wider Transaction Services we offer our clients.
The role of an Administrator involves being responsible for a portfolio of personal and corporate insolvencies. The Administrator provides a high-quality service to clients, ensuring all statutory responsibilities are fulfilled alongside the Insolvency Practitioner’s duties to maximise realisations for the benefit of creditors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using a number of different sources to gain key information and an understanding of each specific case.
- Communicating with stakeholders including bankrupts, directors, shareholders, creditors and employees.
- Preparing statutory reports and ensuring cases are closed efficiently.
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of cases with appropriate management
- Collaborating with others, including providing support and assistance to other team members when required; and
- Carrying out investigations within insolvency assignments where appropriate.
- An excellent working knowledge of all types of insolvency procedures, gained through minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in an insolvency practice.
- studying towards ACCA or ACA qualification is preferable but not a must have requirement
- 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent
- STEM subjects such as maths, physics, chemistry, or computer science, or economics etc may be considered as an additional preference.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Being proficient with IPS software is an advantage
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail, the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively to meet statutory and internal deadlines
- Able to draw logical and sensible conclusions from data presented, applies knowledge effectively from experience and can relate it to other matters; and
- An ability to understand technical issues.
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.