Tax Staff - Compliance and Reporting - FSO - The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and ourcommunities.Sounds interesting?Wellthis is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.tax
We are searching for tax staff to focus on US state and local tax to join our growing tax service delivery team based out of our Freeport, Grand Bahamas location in the Bahamas.EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
Your key responsibilities
As a staff in our wealth & asset management tax practice, you will participate in tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work with Seniors, Managers, and Partners on key client issues primarily focused on US state and local taxation engagements with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will be involved in tax compliance accounts for hedge funds, mutual funds and/or private equity funds.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid technical skills
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the senior or manager – and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and/or an advanced degree in tax or law
- This is an entry level role with no prior relevant experience required; must have a passion and interest in pursuing a career in tax, as well as a demonstrable plan for pursuing a relevant professional certification such as a CPA or Enrolled Agent licensure
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the wealth & asset management industry, which may include mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent teaming, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Some exposure to US federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
What we look for
We’re interested in experienced professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You’ll need strong communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients and engagement teams. If you’re a naturally curious problem-solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.