Fixed Asset Accountant
Circa £50,000 per annum (dependent on skills & experience)
Fixed-term contract/Maternity cover – Up to 12 months
Full Time/37hrs per week
Huntingdon & Home-working
Anglian Water offers a flexible approach, this role offers you the flexibility to work from home and from an Anglian Water office. Your base location will be Lancaster House, Huntingdon (Head Office).
Discover the company where you will make a difference
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Asset Accountant to join our dynamic and friendly Capital Accounting Team on a fixed-term basis. As a Fixed Asset Accountant, you will act as the first point of contact in the organisation for the asset and contribution accounting of 120,000 assets with a net book value of £10billion.
You will be responsible for developing and producing reconciliations, reports and schedules relating to asset accounting and then sharing these at all levels in the business to ensure compliance, accuracy and understanding of requirements.
Taking ownership of our statutory and regulatory reporting/audit requirements, you will deliver forecasts and analysis to external stakeholders in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
- Full private healthcare with no excess
- 26 days leave, rising with service + Bank Holidays, with the option to swap Christmas and Easter holidays for those celebrated by your religion
- A flexible working culture
- Competitive pension scheme – we double-match your contributions up to 6%
- Life Assurance at eight times your salary
- Personal Accident cover – up to 5x your salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Lots of great discounts
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- An excellent Family Leave package – to help you support your family
What does it take to be a Fixed Asset Accountant?
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- Detailed understanding of IFRSs and regulatory accounting standards relating to capital expenditure, asset accounting and revenue reporting.
- Extensive IT knowledge, especially of SAP modules such as Asset Accounting, Project Systems and FI/CO, Tagetik and Office365.
- Detailed financial awareness, especially of the capital investment and management process, the capitalisation policy and grants and contributions.
- Ability to think strategically and to challenge and change accepted working practises in favour of new and more effective ways of working.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
Opportunities are open to all suitably qualified candidates.
Why Anglian Water?
Here at Anglian Water, we are striving to do the right thing for our people, customers and our environment. Our culture involves collaborative, innovative and inspiring work putting people at the heart of our business, and we truly love what we do! We believe that equal opportunities mean inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.