Fixed Assets Accountant
Do you love Retail? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic trade finance team supporting circa 500 Retail stores. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Retail Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes.
We are currently looking for a Fixed Assets Accountant to manage our project spend and ensure they are accounted for correctly, in line with company policies and statutory and audit requirements.
- Daily review of project approval forms raised in the business. Assigning capex / revenue numbers, ensuring company policies are adhered to. Review capital / revenue authorisation for appropriate justification and authorisation.
- Weekly review of fixed asset additions from Account Payable information, recording and reconciling Work in Progress (WIP) including review of balances in the suspense balance sheet.
- Analysis and processing of trade start dates, asset transfers, disposals, depreciation on the asset register system (FMIS).
- Forecasting and variance analysis
- Completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Completion of quarterly and annual National Statistics returns for Group tax purposes
Half year and year end processes:
- Cognos reporting for Stat reporting
- Press crib
- Tax analysis
- Analysis for audit review (internal and external)
- Review and completion of the seasonal NBC files for depreciation completed by the Pune.
- Preparation of seasonal budgets
- Product owner of asset register system - FMIS including testing of the system upon release of upgrades and ensuring frequent reviews of asset register.
- Set up branch numbers and ensure branches are reserved for future seasons budgets.
- Be able to prepare, review and deliver ad-hoc information requests to key stakeholders
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA Part Qualified
- IT literate - Excel (Essential) – CODA and FMIS (Not essential)
- Ability to analyse and interpret information.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to be self motivated.
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (6% paid in 2020) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.
- Flexible/compressed hours have been introduced and this is something that can be discussed further at interview as each department will be doing it slightly differently.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.