Finance Manager, Strategic Planning and KPIs
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter. The team provides business performance information, financial analysis and advice on the Home Lending product portfolio to support operational and strategic decisions.
The Customer Service Network (CSN) business unit encompasses the branch network and the majority of proprietary Home Lending customer face-to-face interactions within the Retail Banking Division (including Premier Banking and Private Banking). The CSN business unit contains over 10,000 employees.
The Manager CSN Finance Strategic Planning and KPI’s primarily works alongside the wider CSN Finance team partnering with the business to support the Key Performance Indicator Framework and strategic planning process for the Branch Network.
This is a 10-months secondment opportunity for an internal candidate or a 10-months Maximum Term Contract for an external candidate, commencing from mid to end of August 2022.
Do work that matters
- Primary focus is to support the Senior Manager to run an effective KPI/ target setting process for the retail branch network
- Preparation and maintenance of the financial models underpinning product target allocations
- Operationalisation of the annual CSN product and expense targets through the Frontline Reporting portal
- Maintenance and review of the relevance/accuracy of finance data embedded within the Frontline Reporting portal
- Business partnering with CSN Executive Managers Network Support group / key CSN business stakeholders acting as a primary finance contact point for ad hoc queries
- Supporting with reviews of KPI’s / development of new KPI’s to ensure effectiveness and fairness
- Ad hoc financial analysis/ deep dives into business/ financial performance as required – including preparation and presentation of high quality conclusions / recommendations
- Partnering with the CSN Lending Business Partner, CSN Manager Performance Insights sharing commercial knowledge, expertise and information
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance, business or economics
- Post graduate qualifications preferred (CA/CPA, MBA, SIA)
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Capability to synthesise large volumes of data in order to draw out simple and succinct insights
- Proven ability to manage and present to stakeholders
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines without supervision
- Strong report-writing skills and excellent communication
- Consistently looking to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 04/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.