Transaction Monitoring Business Analyst and Subject Matter Expert
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system and legislative systems? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
• develop and maintain the risk and coverage assessments for transaction monitoring program
• facilitate the implementation and maintenance of Financial Crime Prevention's (FCP) monitoring for suspicious activity by performing relevant coverage assessments and review new products and vendors for impact on the transaction monitoring program
• address events of interest and subsequent risk analysis to identify transaction monitoring requirements and/or gaps in collaboration with business line compliance officers and alert triage teams
• maintain Product / Service / Transaction Type mapping across Lines of Business / Business Units and maintain effective relationships with other key FCP stakeholders in Technology, Model Governance, MS&C, Analytics & Reporting, Policies & Training, CAMLOs, etc
• anticipate potential risks or issue based on changes in regulatory guidance and/or business operating environment and liaise with Model Governance and CAMLOs to develop mitigating controls
• develop and/or modify FCP procedures relevant to transaction monitoring to ensure they are in line with regulatory expectations and enterprise-wide policies
• lead the management of risk and issues associated with transaction monitoring and serve as an escalation point for resolving transaction monitoring issues
• assist the Americas Head of Transaction Monitoring Standards and Americas Head of Investigations, Fraud, and FIU in preparing information required for periodic reporting to executive management and the board of directors
• support regulatory exams and internal audits and complete our annual BSA/AML/OFAC training
The Americas Transaction Monitoring (TM) Business Analyst (BA) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) role reports to the Americas Head of TM Standards, within the Americas Financial Crime Prevention team, and is responsible for business analysis and documentation for the TM program and executing the AML/CTF risk coverage assessment for our Combined US Operations (CUSO) across the IHC lines of business (Investment Bank, Asset Management and Wealth Management Americas (WMA - Financial Services and UBS Bank USA)). This is a driven team of professionals, with oversight responsibility helping us in the fight against money-laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a bachelor's degree or or international equivalent in a relevant area of study required
• ideally 10+ years of prior BSA/AML Transaction Monitoring experience with an investment bank or comparable, relevant experience at a financial institution, major consulting firm law firm, regulatory agency, or in law enforcement
• previous transaction monitoring business analyst experience is required
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) / Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP) is a plus
• strong analytical skills to identify, document, present, report requirements and issues and advanced level of MS excel required
• extensive expertise in technology and compliance systems and previous experience with enterprise data governance is a plus
• experience in interacting with regulators, including the SEC, FinCEN, FINRA, FDIC, FRBNY and OCC is a plus
• capable of handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and prioritizing based on business demands
• able to interact with, and present to or management and regulators
• collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage conflict and pressure in a demanding environment
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.