Operations Client Service, AVP
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Services, provides asset owners and managers with a wide range of support, from core custody, accounting and fund administration to complete servicing for complex alternative assets like OTC derivatives and private equity. We also deliver innovative performance measurement and analytics tools, giving our clients the information they need to make better-informed decisions. State Street is among the world’s leading institutional investment servicing providers.
State Street Global Services, provides the essential financial infrastructure for delivering effective investment servicing solutions globally. Our capabilities in asset servicing, operations outsourcing and analytics enable our clients to manage operational risk, optimize their cost structures, enhance the value of their services and act on growth opportunities – across all major markets. Our combination of consistency and creativity is what helps our clients face the future with confidence
What you will be responsible for
- Deliver highly valued services and solutions to complex clients to ensure quality services are consistently delivered and clients are offered State Street’s full range of services as their needs and our services evolve
- Manage resourcing and workflow to ensure costs are controlled and allocation to clients P& L is appropriate
- Translate corporate strategy into actionable goals ensuring alignment to company goals
- Manage activities in servicing client relationships and client operations i.e. respond to escalated issues, communicate resolution to clients, monitor metrics around inquiries being resolved at point of contact, and escalate unresolved issues to senior management as needed
- Keep senior management informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities
- Promote a collaborative cross-business and jurisdiction environment that fosters change and innovation
- Oversee succession and development planning for direct reports
- Effectively deliver key messages and communication to ensure relevant parties are informed of any client’s activities
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as appropriate
- Define risk environment for business unit and ensure appropriate action is initiated and executed in order to minimize risk events
- Ensure there is sound risk and compliance controls with immediate resolution of non-compliant items identified
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering Performance Planning and Reviews on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Monitor and comply with changes to the 'risk' escalation chain including communicating amendments to staff where needed e.g. issues and suspicious transactions
- Adhere to State Street corporate policies and procedures including but not limited to the Standard of Conduct
- Perform other duties as required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream
- Strong understanding of State Street’s products, services, technology/system and operational environment
- Deep understanding of financial products and funds management industry
- Experience in helping clients solve business and operational problems
- Excellent client service and management experience
- Strong business level communication skills both written and verbal, including report writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Proven track record for delivering results as part of a dynamic team structure
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.