Financial Reporting, Officer/AVP #NBMBAA
Atlanta, Georgia; Kansas City, Missouri; Berwyn, Pennsylvania; Sacramento, California; Quincy, Massachusetts; North Quincy, Massachusetts; Boston, Massachusetts
Who we are looking for
As a Financial Reporting Officer, the ideal candidate will need to have in depth knowledge of SEC, IRS and GAAP accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies. You must also be able to manage clients and oversee client deliverables while maintaining high quality. Additionally, you must be able to contribute to department wide initiatives including technology improvement.
Why this role is important to us
From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, our tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting Officer you will:
- Oversee the implementation of all standard practices processes tools etc. and initiatives (Re-Engineering) and technology enhancements (system conversion)
- Manage team to ensure proper oversight of all teams involved in statement preparation and review
- Manage key relationships with client companies and regulatory and vendor organizations as applicable to ensure that requests are being met with a satisfactory level of service.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas
- Collaborate with operational teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery client solutions and client satisfaction
- Assess operational effectiveness and implement plans to streamline functions ensure optimal service environment and technology usage
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes
- Proactively manage risk at the business level
- Act in accordance with Rick Excellence and model ethical behavior and decision making
- Other duties as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ethical decision making
- Ability to work in a team environment with emphasis on collaboration with both clients and other internal service teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Business Accounting or related field.
- Five or more years of related management experience preferably with a public accounting audit firm or with a financial services organization.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS and GAAP accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.