Senior Internal Auditor | Group Audit | Egypt
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Al-Futtaim Group audit team is currently seeking an internal audit professional to join their team in the capacity of Senior Internal Auditor.
Perform Operational and Financial Audit in accordance with the annual audit plan to evaluate:
- The existence, adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Compliance with company policies and operating procedures
- Controls on the safeguarding of assets
- Economic and efficient use of resources
- Reliability and Integrity of Information
- Accomplishment of established business objectives
Audit Plans and Programs
- Assist the Audit Manager in developing the annual audit plan by assessing the degree of risk.
- Assist in developing an audit program for each audit assignment before the commencement of the audit. This should be documented as a template in (AMS) with risks, control, and tests to be performed
Operational and Financial Audit
- Conduct internal audit assignment to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in all business processes/segments.
- Review the approval process to ensure that Group policies/ procedures and delegations of authorities are complied.
- Ensure that the assets of the Group are safeguarded
Audit Reports and Records
- Documentation of audit work in the Audit Management system, which can fully support the audit findings.
- Prepare professional audit reports that clearly communicate findings, analysis, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities audited.
- The audit Manager should be timely updated with key findings.
- Discuss preliminary audit findings with the concerned staff/ management to highlight the observations to management and get their concurrences.
- Assist in preparing an executive summary for each engagement and the detailed report and audit follow-up form.
- Job holder needs to assist in the follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations
Computer Assisted Audit
- Ability to extend audit coverage to a wider and more representative population using computer-based audit techniques. E.g. use of ACL.
Human Resource Development
- Achieve high professional standards of audit performance, reports and recommendations in conformity with International Standards of Internal Audit and within the Group’s policy, procedures and long-term goals.
- Such consulting assignments are performed based on management requests to establish a fact or evaluate a specific situation.
Frauds, Misappropriations, etc.
- Fraud investigation should be conducted to identify the loss/exposure, control weaknesses, personnel responsible and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACA, ESAA etc.), CIA, ACCA, MBA (Finance) with knowledge of internal audit function
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience in internal audit function, external auditor wishing to shift can also apply.
- Have a thorough knowledge of internal controls and internal auditing standards.
- Be well versed with data analytics through spreadsheets
- Have a good grasp of verbal (English/Arabic) and written communication, including report writing skills (English).
- Be self-driven to execute audit assignments with minimal supervision.
- Be able to effectively communicate with personnel across the organizational hierarchy and influence business constructively.
- Be able to multi-task when the situation demands.
- Exposure to ERP software such as SAP and Oracle is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with data analytics software and audit management /documentation systems is desirable.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.