Business Analyst, Alpha Front to Back Solutions - Assistant Vice President
State Street Alpha Platform Solution Design team is seeking a versatile individual with strong business analysis skills for development and support of services and product offerings. The successful candidate must possess skill in complex business analysis with expertise in functional requirements gathering and documentation; excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; a proven ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams specializing in Front Office, Middle Office & IBOR; and strong collaboration skills.
Functional Domains include Account/Fund Onboarding, Broker Configuration, Security and Reference Data, Pricing/Valuation, Data Mapping and Data Control.
As a Alpha Business Analyst within the Solution Design team, you will:
- Provide detailed business analysis and advice to clients (internal and external) on current and future state alpha F2B operating models.
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to establish and document implementation requirements specific to in scope services, develop “use cases” to document requirements.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the STT F2B product offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation configuration and demonstrations specializing in IBOR & Investment Accounting.
- Ongoing business requirements analysis to align project expectations.
- Analyze and document any derivation, workflow and enrichment required for the solution.
- Support testing activities and immediate post-production transition with the support of test plan development and test scripts.
- Support individual client implementation efforts specializing in Front and Middle Office.
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services as needed.
- Support and consult the team in requirement gathering, development, definition and controlling of technical standards and methodologies.
- Apply functional business knowledge to system roadmap and be part of agreeing future enhancements/development activities.
- Play significant role in contributing input on product offerings and responsible for problem solving and issue resolution as they arise
- Independently compile, analyze and interpret information related to complex business processing.
- Clear, complete and accurate documentation of user requirements and functional features.
- Serve as a liaison between business users and various IT development and testing teams
- Document project requirements using clear, concise language, consistent with the appropriate methodologies
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
- Create common and shared standards across peer group by implementing best practices.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Run meetings/workshops to explain and walk through business requirements
- Domestic and/or international travel and flexible working hours may be required (i.e. weekend working and extended hours on occasion, linked to client assignments and project deadlines.)
- Experience with Trade Lifecycle Management, Derivatives or Bank Loans is a plus.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative.
- Strong Excel, Word, Power Point skills required. Visio skills preferred.
- Candidate must be self-assured and react well within critical deadline situations
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.