Custody Tax Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate to join, learn and grow within our global Custody Tax Services team at State Street. We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal, writing, and collaboration skills, as well as multiple years of experience in custody, tax or finance. This role will report into an integration team responsible for supporting the global tax teams at State Street on conversions, integrations, transitions etc.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
- Assist in day to day Tax operations, mainly Global projects
- Tracking and maintaining Tax project documents
- Ensure tax documentation is processed within assigned target timeframes
- Support global tax teams on a wide variety of tax related tasks
- Perform unique and complex tax servicing duties in a deadline and regulatory driven environment
- Identify and implement process enhancements and risk management activities
- Lead projects and initiatives
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work with a wide variety of others globally
- Adaptable; able to navigate change and challenges effectively and with confidence
- Attention to detail, ownership and accountability
- Excellent communicator
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Working Knowledge of Custody Tax Services and Global Custody
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors degree
- At least 6-7 years of custody, tax or finance experience
- Preferable MS office skills
- May require in-office presence 2 or more days a week
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.