Senior / Manager in Capital Markets and IFRS
This is a unique opportunity to join our CESA Capital Markets/IFRS Group. The Group is growing, and we are currently seeking experienced professionals to join our team in Athens.
As Capital Markets professionals we provide trust and confidence in the capital markets by promoting accurate and transparent corporate reporting, supporting financial stability and fostering inclusive economic growth.
We do this by supporting our clients with their capital raising strategies and their ongoing reporting. This involves among others, preparation of high-quality financial statements, complying with new and more complex accounting standards, and meeting the demands of regulators who demonstrate heightened interest in corporate reporting and transparency. At the same time, the increasing need for dealing with complex financial reporting issues and interpreting technical requirements is high on the agenda of our profession but also of big corporate and financial institutions.
Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, but also as a safeguard to ensure their interpretation and implementation of financial reporting standards in their financial statements is appropriate.
Why Capital Markets & IFRS might be right for you?
Our roles are varied but we come together to achieve similar objectives for our clients; everyone has a different part to play. Whether you have experience of a specific industry, advising clients or teams on complex IFRS or US GAAP matters, advising clients through IPOs and debt raising or regulatory reporting, there is a role for you.
You will be provided with the opportunity to further develop your expertise, differentiate yourself from your peers and be part of a dynamic and growing part of the firm. You will also benefit from working cross border with clients and teams from multiple jurisdictions around the world,[OS1] .
We are looking for ambitious, proactive and self-starter professionals at experienced Senior and Manager rank to drive the growth of our team.
You will be building strong relationships with our audit teams, clients and their advisors, working collaboratively to achieve their goals and demonstrate your ability to deliver high quality service. You will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, act as the IFRS or US GAAP specialist working collaboratively with audit and advisory teams on different projects across industries, including on complex business transactions like IPO and debt raising.
Whilst our team is based in Athens, we work cross border with clients and teams from multiple jurisdictions around the world, both in Europe and the US and increasingly in the emerging markets. Our team is very diverse representing a wide range of backgrounds and experiences
You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients and be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Your work will be recognized and rewarded, and a solid career will lie ahead of you. Sounds interesting?
As an IFRS and Capital Markets professional, you will work on various engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. You will become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors by:
- Acting as an expert regarding all IFRS/US GAAP -related matters (transactions or audit)
- Acting as IFRS pre-issuance technical reviewer on IFRS financial statements
- Networking within EY’s Global and EMEIA Capital Markets and IFRS network, sharing experiences/best practices and providing insights
- Ensuring the follow up of the IFRS/US GAAP developments to be able to advice clients on the impact of these changes
- Supporting our audit teams with IFRS/US GAAP complex accounting issues
- Supporting our clients with their capital raising strategies and objectives and gaining an in-depth understanding as to how companies raise capital
- Being involved in a variety of transactions (for audit and non-audit clients) across EMEIA, the emerging markets and globally
- Performing top down risk assessment and controls gap assessment to monitor operational effectiveness and support clients deliver remediation activities
- Providing commercially minded, practical solutions to problems that are technically sound based on your deep technical knowledge with appropriate consideration of accounting technical matters
- Networking to become an advisor who can speak with influence and business insight by engaging clients and providing advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Developing and maintaining strong networks, both inside and outside the firm, to communicate the value of high-quality corporate reporting, while providing solution-oriented services
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Participating in the Firm’s external Corporate Reporting events – acting as brand ambassador
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Building strong relationships with clients and their advisors, working collaboratively to achieve their goals
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management and leadership skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and accuracy along with strong appetite for development
- Embracing technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 4 years of relevant Audit working experience with a proven track record of outstanding performance
- Good general IFRS or US GAAP knowledge, strong technical skills, ability to research technical issues (IFRS / US GAAP) and recognized risk management ability
- Experience in the planning, execution and reporting on audits that also include a capital markets transaction, whether IPO or debt raising
- Professional acumen in analyzing complex accounting issues and providing solutions in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and legislation
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CPA, SOEL)
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations)
Ideally you will also have
- Prior working experience in one of the big audit firms
- IFRS/US GAAP experience with listed companies
- Knowledge from working on a capital markets transaction, IPO and/or debt raising
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.