Senior Manager – Capital Accuracy & Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Capital Accuracy & Reporting team is part of Group Treasury within the Financial Services (FS) division of CBA. The Capital Accuracy & Reporting team is responsible for adequate management and allocation of our shareholders equity.
The team provides financial support to the business around Regulatory Capital, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Target Equity. The team works closely with stakeholders across Finance, Treasury and Risk Management to deliver optimal capital outcomes for the Group. The team’s areas of focus include:
- Consolidation, analysis and reporting of credit exposures and key credit metrics, regulatory capital and RWA in line with the Group’s capital allocation methodology
- Partnering with the business to provide data, insights and analysis of Credit Risk drivers by product
- Identification, scoping and delivery of capital accuracy initiatives
- Liaison with Risk Management on other risk types (primarily Operational Risk and Market Risk)
- Strategic analysis of the allocation of capital across CBA’s portfolio of products and businesses and the impact of regulatory change (e.g. Basel III)
- Ad-hoc analysis to support senior management and executive decisions
This role reports to the Head of Capital Reporting & Accuracy.
Do work that matters
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to deliver the Group’s capital reporting including project management of complex Group wide process and business partnering with BUs to deliver successful risk and reporting outcomes
- Ownership of the Group’s internal capital allocation process and deliverables, with a mandate for continuous improvement and process simplification (focused on accuracy, timeliness and functionality)
- Articulate key risk and capital drivers, provide meaningful insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis of the Group’s products and businesses
- Understand changes to capital calculations as a result of planned or actual regulatory and/or system changes and be able to communicate impacts to stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with a range of stakeholders including senior members of Finance, Treasury and Risk Management teams
- Help drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture, continuous process improvement, actionable insights, ad-hoc analysis and effective coordination of all Reporting processes
- Leading, coaching and developing a team, both to achieve individual and team targets, and to support career development
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline
- CA qualification
- Large corporate, financial services experience (knowledge or experience with regulatory capital reporting preferred).
- Proven ability to deliver challenging tasks, get things done, and a desire to solve complex business problems, evidenced by experience in owning and driving complex initiatives.
- Strong business partnering skills with a proven track record in collaborating, influencing and driving outcomes with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build and embed new reporting processes that meet Data Management Frameworks.
- Regulatory Capital knowledge.
- Advanced Excel & visualisation skills.
- Technology experience including GTRS (oracle), Alteryx, SQL, Tableau will be an advantage.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 02/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.