Investor Relations Manager
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance – whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
The Investor Services Manager will take overall responsibility of the KYC/CFT/AML & investor onboarding process and ensure our clients are in compliant to the applicable AML laws & regulation with regards to investor onboarding. We expect the highest quality of work as the majority of our clients and/or their fund entities are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) and other relevant authorities (e.g., Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (“CIMA”). The Manager should also possess the necessary commercial acumens to allow him/herself to apply certain degree of pragmatism to resolve issues, without compromising any regulatory requirements.
Working closely with the Fund Accounting Team, the person will also be responsible for FATCA / CRS services. Ensuring all the annual reporting/filing requirements are met.
Being the main contact person for clients and/or their investor relations team, the Manager would be the key person to maintain strong relationships with the clients and their investors, drive operational excellence with his/her peers & the team, and provide quality & timely deliverables to clients.
- Actively managing all investor KYC/AML workstreams and act as the primary contact for investor onboarding and KYC/AML matters. Ensure work deliverables are completed within the agreed time frame
- Be a champion to the internal compliance system
- Supervising a team of junior compliance officers. Planning and allocating the team’s workload. Coaching and supporting them where necessary. Perform review on their work deliverables to ensure the highest standard is consistently applied
- Maintain appropriate investor AML/CFT policies and procedures, taking into account of all applicable regulatory requirements and updates
- Take ownership of the investor onboarding/KYC/AML process and actively look for ways to improve and to adopt best practices. Ensure the team is familiar with the procedures and are following the process.
- Ensure initial investor KYC work is conducted in an efficient manner. Proactively set out timeline with clients so that expectations can be managed. Delays and slippages are promptly highlighted so that they can be addressed
- Schedule ongoing investor KYC monitoring work in advance and agree timeline with clients and investors
- Responsible for FATCA / CRS classification, reportable accounts assessment and annual reporting
- Building a strong relationship with key clients through open dialogue. Ability to manage a large a portfolio of clients and investors. Attend face-to-face meetings if necessary
- Maintaining pro-active communication with all team members and stakeholders on client deadlines and ad hoc requests to allow them to accommodate periods of absence and/or peak demand
- Monitor and manage performance and productivity within the team through formal appraisals as well as regular feedback sessions. Act as mentor to the team, identify areas of development and provide guidance to the team for continuous improvement
- Detailed understanding of the scope of services provided by TMF. Proactively managing ad hoc requests from clients and discuss with senior colleagues if necessary. Work with the fund accounting team to ensure timely issuance of fee notes (including any agreed ad hoc work outside the scope of services) and collection of fees
- Attending to queries from internal/external auditors, third-party compliance officers and regulators on controls and provide evidence upon request
- Supporting the Head of Department in managing adequate resourcing of the team, including undertaking recruitment interviews
- Liaise with Group functions, specifically in the latest AML/CFT regulations and sanctions checking, risk assessments, governance frameworks
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with the respective regulators, auditors and other relevant institutions
- In addition to the duties listed above, the Investor Services Manager may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties or compliance projects as requested
Job specific requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or in a relevant discipline
- Compliance qualification
- Knowledge of AML/CFT regulations in Singapore, especially on MAS Notice SFA 04-N02 to Capital Markets Intermediaries & Guidelines to the Notice; and Cayman Islands’ Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Experience in operating and running checks on risk database
- Knowledge of AEOI / FATCA / CRS laws, classification and reporting work (for Singapore and preferably Cayman Islands)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience gained either in an in-house compliance team for a Capital Market Services licensee, or providing investor AML/KYC services for fund services / fund administration provider organisation within the fund industry
- Ability to work on own initiatives
- Compliance minded with good commercial awareness and act with integrity
- Ability to learn quickly and work within a team under the guidance of senior colleagues
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF.
Applications close: 30 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.