Manager – Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO’s Global Offerings (Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services) team provides assurance and advisory services to audit (Channel 1) and non-audit clients (Channel 2) in all facets of US focused capital markets transactions.
We provide capital markets services to clients who are developing and executing transformational strategies, such as launching an initial public offering (IPO) both in local markets and in the U.S and raising capital through Registered Offerings as well as Reg S and 144A offerings.
We also support our Channel 2 clients in IPO Readiness, complex accounting issues as well as large and complex accounting conversion projects involving conversion to IFRS or US GAAP, working closely with other service lines like taxation and valuation specialists.
The Global Offerings Manager works directly with the client under partner or director supervision, project managing on transactions and accounting advisory projects, reviewing and overseeing our deliverables to ensure our deliverables are of high quality.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining as an essential member within a team that is vital to the firm. Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm. You’ll also:
Participates as an individual contributor & a team member w/ senior Capital Markets practitioners & other external professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting & financial reporting matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis.
Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, & capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements,
- IPO Readiness
- carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
- acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
- restructurings, restatements,
- GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, complex accounting issues.
Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting & other transactions-based activities & should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- CPA/ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Providing assurance services to clients under taking debt and equity capital raising strategies.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,500 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.