Fixed Assets Finance Manager
The opportunity for Fixed Assets Finance Manager will be an interesting and fast paced one. You will be required to lead the team, implement process improvements, look at how to make the reporting and systems more efficient and overall have a positive impact on this function and the overall team.
This organisation are a reputable, market leader in their field geographically working across the UK.
As a Fixed Assets Finance Manager, you will be based in Oldham but with the ability to work from home also.
Your main duties will be as follows:
- Produce fixed asset schedules for use in the completion of the year end divisional and consolidated statement; responding promptly to queries raised by External Audit during the financial audit process.
- Review and manage the accurate production of month end fixed asset journals, including SORP adjustments.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly and year end reports including but not limited to Fixed Asset Note, Under construction schedules, WIP and stock held for sale.
- Support capital budget reporting and forecasting, and impairment tests as required.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of accounting regulations: ensuring any changes required to accounting policies are implemented and applied correctly and in accordance with timescales.
- Provide support in undertaking ad hoc financial analysis / forecasting as required to support the business in making effective and informed decisions.
- Manage, coach and develop the Fixed Assets Team ensuring the Fixed Asset Registers are accurately maintained.
- Maintain key relations with Asset Management, Development and financial management community.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of relevant accounting standards and SORP.
- Excellent practical experience of the implementation and use of Component Accounting.
- Experience of accounting for Fixed Assets in the social housing sector, to include specific experience/knowledge of the treatment of housing grants & property sales types.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing financial information and reporting on results.
- Demonstrable skills in consolidation and reconciliations.
- Management of an accounting team.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
The successful for Fixed Assets Finance Manager will have:
- Hybrid working model - around 2-3 days per week in office
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 2 options for pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Excellent office space
- Long term career progression
- Supportive Manager
- Free Car parking