Equity Analyst, VP
Who We Are Looking For
We are now seeking to recruit an Equity Analyst to join one of our six global sector-specific research units. Reporting to the Regional Research Director, you would be responsible for delivering excess returns through security selection in a global sector, adhering to an investment approach that is consistent with our long-standing investment philosophy.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
SSGA’s Dublin-based Fundamental Value Equity Team seeks to invest in publicly listed companies through bottom-up, value-based stock selection grounded in rigorous fundamental analysis and a long-term investment horizon. The concentrated nature of our suite of global and regional portfolios ensures that our investments are active high-conviction positions focused on what we believe are our most compelling opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Meet with, analyze, model, and value the equity securities of global publicly listed corporations.
- Engage with colleagues on the global sector team to run the global sector sleeve of our research portfolio.
- Recommend investments for inclusion in our suite of concentrated regional and global strategies.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement with regard to our investment process and suite of investment models and tools
- Become a thoughtful and compelling advocate for our investment approach both internally and externally.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Domain sector knowledge most likely gained over 1 to 3 years either as an analyst, or in a corporate strategy or strategic consulting role. However, we will also consider candidates with less experience who have an enquiring mind and appetite to learn.
- An excellent financial analysis and valuation skillset, with an ability to incorporate qualitative and quantitative analysis into research.
- Capacity for differentiated thinking, and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal investment decisions
- Strong teammate who is able to work collaboratively - excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/nurture external relationships.
- Real passion for learning about investing in companies and markets
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You will be curious, highly organized, with a passion for detail and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor's Degree
- CFA or accounting qualification would be an advantage
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.