Digibank Malaysia Project - Financial Controller
Get to know our Digital Bank Team:
Grab is leading a consortium for Digital Bank license and build a bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. If you have what it takes, help build our new Digibank with us.
Get to know the role:
We are incredibly excited to build a digital bank with the right foundation and core values. We are currently looking for result driven and highly motivated individuals to form the Finance team. If you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
The day-to-day activities:
- Manage projects related to financial and regulatory reporting across all phases of project life cycle including (but not limited to) design of technical requirements, risk & mitigation plans, issue resolution, UAT and execution, identify interdependencies across other work streams within Finance department and other projects, where appropriate, manages communication with relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for the monthly financial performance results, annual audit and tax submissions
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance to MFRS
- To work with Treasurer and Head of Business Performance Management on the annual budget
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports
- Providing accounting treatment guidance
- Periodic review of workflow processes with the objective to improve productivity and efficiency
- To liaise with internal and external auditors and regulators as and when required
The must haves:
- At least 13 years of working experience preferably in a financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related fields
- Knowledgeable in financial reporting and a good understanding of the accounting standards
- Experience in working with cross border and functional teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to plan and execute while maintaining effective working relationships
- Able to work under pressure, flexible and open minded
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.