Accounts Receivable Specialist (Open for Fresh Graduate)
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.There has not been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that is building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment. From day one, you will have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world. This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for maintaining their given portfolio of customers and reducing the aging of open AR by maximizing cash collections and reducing disputes. Specific responsibilities include: identifying, resolving, and collecting past due invoices, reconciling accounts as needed, identifying and resolving disputes (according to the resolution matrix) and providing excellent internal and external customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily collection activities as prioritized by debt collection software
- Contact customers on delinquent accounts for resolution and payment and record all activities in collection system.
- Understand customer profiles and their related sensitivities.
- Develop strong working knowledge of customer base and company organizational structure for effective issue resolution
- Communicate account delinquency information to Accounts Receivable Team Leader and respective Sales personnel as outlined by the standard collections and escalation process
- Resolve unidentified payments and other payment related issues that have been assigned to the account by the Global Cash Application Team
- Resolve within the predefined time frame those A/R related Disputes that have been assigned to the account.
- Resolve Disputes within own area of responsibility according to the agreed upon timeline.
- Review Dispute documentation provided by cash application or the customer, and assign the Dispute to the appropriate internal owner (as per the resolution matrix)
- Enter notes into Get Paid and provide sufficient information and supporting documentation to the owner.
- Contact customers regarding unidentified Disputes, determine the reason, secure additional documentation as needed and assign those to the proper owners.
- Contact internal owners for resolution of Disputes that are not being resolved on a timely basis.
- Work with internal departments (Pricing, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales) to research, provide support in obtaining additional information.
- Follow-up on and collect disputes deemed invalid by the internal functional teams.
- Identify repetitive issues and communicate those to the proper owners to facilitate root cause analysis and cure.
- Support the training and process improvement effort.
- Keep up to date with accounts receivable best practices and technology improvements
- Achieve past due percentage and cash target related goals.
- High level ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent problem solving, and customer service skills
- Excellent customer communication skills with high proficiency in speaking and writing
- Adaptable to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance
- At least 1 experience in SSC or similar corporate role with primary focus on data analytics. FRESH GRADUATES are welcomed to apply
- Functional knowledge of the accounts receivable and dispute management processes.
- Proficiency using accounting and cash application software preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in Collections process improvements.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.